Saturday, July 10, 2010

SADLY, THE TRAINING FOR WHITNEY ENDS



All of our training and quest to summit Mt. Whitney came crashing down a little over a week ago.  To say we are saddened and disappointed would be a huge understatement.  I still cannot believe it.  Sandy was going to stay with Mom the last week of July and first week of August so we could do the climb. That has been the plan since the first of the year.  Unfortunately she is unable to do so now.  We will be with our team in spirit and WILL climb Mt. Whitney when the time is right.  Good luck to Matt, Tasha, Mark, Tina and Laurent!  Wave to us when you get to the top.   

2 comments:

Tasha Riley said...

:( You will truly be missed!

Let Freedom Ring said...

Thank you Tasha. It's one of the biggest disappointments of my life. My goal was to run a marathon at age 50 and I didn't reach that goal. That's why this goal at age 60, for me was HUGE. But that's life. I thought Sandy would come through but thing's change and it wasn't meant to be, I guess. As Matt stated, you and he and maybe Garrett will be there to take us to the summit
on down the road. Love ya, Susan